Sunday, May 18, 2008

How to delete a default SSP (Shared Service Provider) in MOSS 2007

I had one SSP sites on my farm. I found that there is something wrong with this SSP site. So i decide to delete this SSP site. I go to Central Administration site and click on the Shared Services Provider. Here i got the link of my SSP site. When i go to delete the SSP what is this!!! there is no link to delete the Default SSP site.
I googled up and found on some site the command by which i can delete my default SSP site. Oh god finally i saved myself.
So here i am putting this command to help out the SharePoint guys.
To delete it, either type in the URL: http:///_admin/deletessp.aspx?sspId=??? or
use stsadm –o deletessp –title

Enjoy!!!!!!
Note:- If you will delete default SSP may be you need to reconfigure the whole Shared Service Provider again. So be careful.

No comments: